Monday, January 30, 2012

Cooking is so 2010

In my previous post, I wrote that one of my goals for 2012 was to write more both on my blog and in my journal and unfortunately, I'm not doing either.  I'm busy, just like everyone else, but not so much so that I can't find a few hours each week to write, especially because I enjoy it.

Perhaps, I can do it at dinner time, since I no longer cook.  Or maybe, I can write instead of watching Toddlers & Tiara's (keep that between us) late at night while I pump.  It's all about time management and prioritizing.   Interests and priorities have definitely shifted over the last year, and even more so over the last four months.

My Grand Supreme 

Pre-pregnancy, I used to unwind from the day by making a nice dinner for Jeff and myself. Now, I can't be bothered.  Most nights we have Indian or sushi delivered, or pop an Amy's pizza into the oven.  I used to love going to the grocery store, hand selecting fruit and vegetables while planning meals for the week. I haven't gone into the grocery store in over a month.  Instead, I just click on Fresh Direct's "Quick Shop" button and receive the same staples every week.  My taste buds approve, but my skinny jeans don't. Jeff does not seem to miss my cooking nor the mess in the kitchen that I left in my wake.

Let's see, what else has changed...

I'm not the wine drinker I used to be, but love a cold micro brew
I haven't been to Pilates in over a month
I don't make my lunch anymore
I'm no longer wearing maternity clothes
Stroller Strides is over, now that I'm back at work

Um, this does not seem like a healthy trend!

Luckily, I have a new obsession.  It's my flavor of the month fitness routine.  No, not PX90. I lent that chessy-ass DVD set to my brother-in-law Dave.

It's Winter Warriors, a running club for working moms.  We meet on Wednesday nights at 7:30PM and 8:00AM on Saturday mornings at Prospect Park.   I leave Colette with Jeff on Wednesday's since she's usually asleep as I'm lacing up and running out the door.  But I take her with me on Saturday's so Jeff can sleep in.   I'm one of the only Moms that runs with a stroller, but they help out and take turns pushing it for me.  This weekend, I ran 3.5 miles at a nice clip, without stopping.  I'm back and it feels awesome. The group is a running a 10K in February and we are all working in preparation for race day.


It's not technically a running stroller, but...
Okay, so I finally updated my blog, and it's 11:57PM.  Which is 57 minutes, past my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment