Sunday, April 17, 2011

Walking Fast and Running Slowly

I'm sitting at my kitchen table, procrastinating, because I know I should go for a run but I can't motivate.  It's not that I don't want to run today, I just wish I was already finished with it.  At this point, I'm running 2 or 3 times a week, but no more than 4 miles at a time.  Over the past month, my pace has dropped from a 8:30 to 11:00 minute mile, but I'm cool with that. Ideally, I'd like to keep up my running routine for as long as possible, hopefully, through my second trimester.

Danielle and Jeff checkin' out the Hotel des Artistes
Yesterday, I didn't work out, but I did cross one thing off my new New York City To Do List. We did a two-hour Big Onion Walking Tour of the Upper West Side with our friends, Ted, Danielle, and Danielle's sister Lisa, who was visiting from Buffalo.  Aside from the unseasonably cold and windy weather, the tour was great.  We learned about Lincoln Center, Central Park, Columbus Circle, Fordham University, and some other note-worthy buildings in the swanky 'hood.  Whatever calories were burned, were quickly put right back on over lunch at Patsy's.  I highly recommend both activities should you live in, or be visiting the NYC.  The tours are $15, and you just show up at the meeting place listed on the web site, no need to sign up or pay in advance.

Okay, that's it. I'm going to put on my sneakers.  I need some time to think about my upcoming challenges and goals and there's no better place to think, than on a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment