Friday, May 11, 2012

Bubble Wrap and Spray Tan


The other night I had a dream that we were moving to San Francisco.  In my dream, it was the day before the move and not a thing was packed and a moving van hadn’t even been arranged to take our belongings to the West Coast.  I woke up relieved that is was only a dream. Sort of.

We’re going to San Francisco Memorial Day weekend to visit family and friends and we are moving the weekend after we return.   Just to make this month a little bit more crazy, we’re going to Connecticut this weekend for Mother’s Day, I’m going to Las Vegas next weekend to throw my friend Kelly’s bachelorette party, and the weekend of our move we are going back to the nutmeg state for a Sunday night wedding.  I’m excited, surprisingly calm and just taking it day by day.  For example, when I have a spare moment at home, I’m either packing a box to prep for the move, applying spray tan for Vegas, or trying on dresses to wear to the wedding.

We hired professional movers for our June 1st move, and thankfully not some “man with a van” off Craigslist.  We used crap movers (aka Chip & Nick) when we moved from Williamsburg to Prospect Heights four years ago, and I would never use their service or anything similar to it again.  Oh no, this time we are using Super Movers, and they will re-assemble any furniture, such as our bed and our media cabinet, that they disassemble in order to get it out and down the stairs.  I’m hoping that they live up to their name and that the move will be over by 5PM so we can go pick up Colette at daycare and take her to her new home.

Living Room/Dining Room looking
into what will be our Office/Guest Room
At first, when I found out we had to move, I was really bummed about it. But I don’t feel that way anymore.   We found a great apartment and it's just around the corner from our current place.  It’s on the ground floor, has three bedrooms, a dishwasher, washer and dryer and it’s newly renovated. Check it out.

Kitchen - Dishwasher, bar, refridgerater
are on the opposite side


Our bedroom

OMG!  I ain't even gonna try to play it cool.
I'm so excited about this.
Stay tuned…there’s a lot to write about over the next few weeks and I will make the time to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment