Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wake-Up Call

My challenge this week, starting tomorrow, is to wake up every day at 7AM or earlier. I consider myself a morning person, but lately, I've been having a really hard time getting out of bed on time.  I don't consider getting up 7AM extremely early, but doing it consistently after a long holiday will be tricky.

Monday thru Friday, I try to workout before work, which means I need to get up by 6:30AM. I'm successful with that about 3 or 4 times a week, but the days that I don't, I hit snooze for about 30 minutes and end up late for work.  I'm okay with missing the workout, but I hate being late.

This is my plan for success: I've signed up for a 6:30AM pilates class tomorrow, and Friday. I have plans to run with one of my running partners on Wednesday morning and the other on Thursday morning.  This weekend, Jeff is out of town and my Mom is visiting. And, since all moms like getting up at 7AM or earlier, all the time, I think we'll be just fine on Saturday and Sunday.  I also plan on keeping my alarm clock far away from my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment