Sunday, January 9, 2011

We Need a Rooster up in Here!

Last week's "Wake-Up Call" challenge went well, but not without a hitch.  Monday through Thursday, I got out of bed before 7AM without second thought.  But, Thursday night's work-related cocktail event went late and involved plenty of wine.  On Friday, I missed my 6:30AM Pilates class but was on time for work.  I worked from home.
I still believe that all moms like to get up early, even on Sundays. Even after a night in which our mother/daughter duo discovered that we've never really had, but now both love, bourbon.  She was already reading a magazine and drinking home-brewed coffee by the time I woke up and walked into the kitchen at 8AM.  I knew I should have told her to wake me up. Oops.

Even though I wasn't 7 for 7, I feel like the challenge worked.  It got me motivated after the long break and it prevented me from hitting "snooze", which is a dumb button anyway.  I'm going to try to keep it up, but not on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment